|Vancouver Home Inspections
Independent Home Inspections by
Registered Home Inspectors since 1994
|Types of Home Inspections||About Home Inspections||Online Bookings|
Questions to ask a Home Inspector
Is the Inspector a Registered Home Inspector (RHI), or an Associate Member of the Canadian Association of Home and Property Inspectors? Candidates can be at various levels of qualifications; some have not passed written exams. CAHPI sets the standards in the Home Inspection Industry. Call the CAHPI(BC) office to verify membership at1-800-610-5665.
Yes, Chris Stockdale is a Registered Home Inspector (RHI).
2. Is the inspection completed to the Standards of Practice established by CAHPI? Any company using these standards, or any others, should be able to supply a copy and discuss them with a client. Not all inspectors claiming to use the CAHPI Standards of Practice are members. Call 1-800-610-5665 for verification.
Absolutely! And our inspections meet CAHPI Standards.
3. Does the inspector follow the Code of Ethics established by CAHPI? What are some examples?
Yes. We do not perform or contract any repair work for instance.
4. What other relevant background, training or experience does the inspector have?
• Life-long experience in the building trades
• Bachelor of Science degree
• Graduate of BCIT's Home Inspection Program
• Many years of experience as an independent contractor
• Regularly attends course updates and professional seminars
• Over 3,000 inspections
5. Is the client encouraged to attend the inspection and ask questions?
6. How long will the inspection take?
As long as it needs to. Usually 2-1/2 to 4 hours.
7. What does the inspection encompass?
Everything including the kitchen sink... you can see a detailed list here
8. What type of report is given? When is it given to the client?
We provide a comprehensive narative report, complete with photos within 24 hours of the inspection. You can see a sample report here.
9. Is there an inspection agreement signed with the home inspection company? What limitations apply?
Yes. You can view our standard contract and Standards of Practice.
10. Does the inspector offer to do any repairs? This might be a conflict of interest.
No. We are in the home inspection business - not the repair business. We are happy to provide names when asked.
11. Does the inspector participate in any continuing education programs to keep his/her expertise up to date?
Our inspectors regularly attend course updates and professional seminars.
12. Is the company well established? How long have they been in business?
We have been in business since 1994.
13. How available and convenient is the service?
We make every effort to schedule inspections to be convenient for you.
14. Does the price of the inspection reflect the quality of the inspection, the detail of the report and the qualifications of the Home Inspector?
Absolutely! Our inspections and reports are comprehensive and thorough and are performed by qualified professionals.
To book your Vancouver home inspection, call us at 604.271.2005 or book an inspection online.
Our Vancouver home inspectors service Metro Vancouver, Coquitlam, Burnaby, Richmond, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and the Gulf Islands on special request.
|› Professional › Thorough › Objective › Prompt Service › Personal Attention › Confidential|
Pre-Listing Inspections |
Pre-Purchase Inspections |
Commercial Property Inspections |
Infrared Inspections |
Other Inspections | Blog
About Us | About Home Inspections | Document Library | Tips & Resources | Recommended Sites | Related Services Directory | Sitemap | Contact Us | Home
Home Sweet Home Inspections Ltd.
11100 Seafield Crescent, Richmond, BC V7A 3H8 / Tel: 604.271.2005 / Email.
Site Design & Hosting by Wicked Web Design & Hosting, Vancouver, BC